Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
GlassFish Boot Camp - March 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
Run Your App Faster with GlassFish!
Please join us on March 10th in Santa Clara and learn how to run your web apps faster with GlassFish. During this six hour interactive session you will learn tricks to scale your web applications using open source technology provided by this powerful application sever. You will walk away knowing how GlassFish handles your organization's programming languages and frameworks as well as how to manage and monitor a GlassFish environment.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you have all necessary software installed before the event.
Instructors: GlassFish Core Team
Prerequisites (Software to be Installed)
Please bring your own personal laptop.
Please download and install the following software:
- Sun Java SE 6 - please make sure this JDK is used for subsequent installations
- NetBeans 6.5 All Bundle - make sure to include all GlassFish versions
- MySQL 5.x
- GlassFish v2.1
- Launch Update Tool from using "bin/updatetool" script.
- Install Grails module from Available Add Ons ->GlassFish support for Grails Framework
- Can be installed natively or as Virtual Box or VMWare image
- 9-10am - Arrival, Registraion and Coffee
- 10-11am - GlassFish Overview
- 11-12pm - Management and Monitoring (Hands On)
- 12-1pm - Web Services: SOAP + REST (Hands On)
- 1-2pm - Lunch w/ GlassFish Enterpise Team (30 minute preso)
- 2-3pm - Dynamic Langauges and Frameworks (Hands On)
- 3-4pm - High Availability/Clustering/Load Balancing (Hands On)
- 4-4:15pm - Break
- 4:15-4:45 - Migration to GlassFish (Preso)
- 4:45-5:45 - GlassFish Web Stack (Hands On)
We hope to see you there!